jueves, 29 de diciembre de 2022

🔴 How to wake up feeling rested and productive (and don't die trying)


"As a 24-year-old living in New York City, my mornings used to be hectic and rushed. I would hit the snooze button multiple times before finally dragging myself out of bed, skipping breakfast, and starting my workday on an empty stomach and with little energy. It wasn't until I took a hard look at my habits and decided to make a change that I realized the importance of a morning routine.According to a survey conducted by the National Sleep Foundation, 35.2% of US adults report getting seven hours or less of sleep per night. I was definitely part of that statistic, and it was no wonder I was constantly feeling tired and unproductive. So, I made a conscious effort to prioritize getting a good night's rest. I started winding down at the end of the day by avoiding strenuous activities and turning off the TV at a certain time, and I set my alarm to go off eight hours or more after my bedtime to ensure I was getting a full eight hours of sleep.


READ 3 Simple Steps to Improved Productivity at Work

One of the biggest culprits of my disrupted mornings was the snooze button. I would hit it multiple times, telling myself I would only sleep for five more minutes, but it would quickly turn into half an hour. To break this habit, I started counting to five as soon as my alarm went off and forcing myself to get out of bed. I also kept my slippers near the bed and preset my coffee maker so that the aroma would motivate me to get up.


I also realized the importance of taking enough time to get down to business. Whether I was working from home or commuting to the office, I needed to give myself enough time to physically and mentally show up at work, so I set my alarm accordingly and reserved time for personal activities.

READ Land your dream job with these 4 emails!

In addition to these changes, I made sure to start my day with a full glass of water to combat dehydration and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea for a boost of energy and focus. I also incorporated physical exercise into my morning routine, whether it was a quick at-home workout or a leisurely walk around the block. And finally, I made a conscious effort to avoid social media until I had completed my morning routine and was ready to start my work day.

READ The Secret to Getting Things Done: The Top 10 Time Management Techniques

By making these small changes to my morning routine, I have noticed a significant improvement in my energy levels and productivity. I highly recommend adopting a morning routine that promotes well-being and sets you up for success for the rest of the day."



No hay comentarios.:

siguenos en facebook Canal de youtube siguenos en Twitter siguenos en Google+ Sígueme en Likedin